Peer reviewed publications
The impact of upper-secondary voucher school attendance on student achievment. Swedish evidence using external and internal evaluations (WP-version). (with Jonas Vlachos). Forthcoming Labour Economics
Discrimination against students with foreign backgrounds: evidence from grading in Swedish public high schools. (with Erik Höglin and Magnus Johannesson) Education Economics. 23, pp. 660-676. With Erik Höglin and Magnus Johannesson). 2015 (WP-version)
Democracy, Redistribution, and Political Participation: Evidence from Sweden 1919-1938. (with Per Pettersson-Lidbom) Econometrica, 82, pp.961-993, 2014 (WP-version) Data and do-file for replication (STATA)
Automated Essay Scoring for Swedish (with Robert Östling, André Smolentzov and Erik Höglin.) Proceedings of the Eighth Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications, 2013. (WP-version)
Gender and ethnic discrimination in the rental housing market of Stockholm: a field experiment (with Ragnar Bengtsson and Ellis Iverman.) Applied Economics Letters, 19 , pp. 1-5, 2012. (WP-version)
Do Merging Local Governments Free Ride on Their Counterparts When Facing Boundary Reform. Journal of Public Economics, 93 , pp. 721-728, 2009. (Older WP-version). Data and do-file for replication (STATA)
Working papers and research in far progress
- Revisiting the Housing Wealth Effect: Evidence From an Unanticipated Renewal of an Airport Contract. (With Dany Kessel and Roine Vestman) (Presented at Greater Stockholm Macro Group, December 7 2016)
- Do Mild Sentences Deter Crime? Evidence using a Regression-Discontinuity Design. (with Mikael Priks and Per Pettersson-Lidbom) (Presented at the 8th Transatlantic Workshop on the Economics of Crime)
- Do Parties Matter in Very Small Local Governments?
- Age-Dependent Sentences and Crime Bunching – Empirical Evidences from Swedish Administrative Data. (with Mikael Priks and Mårten Palme)
- Gender Quotas in the Board Room and Firm Performance: Evidence from a Credible Threat in Sweden. (With Joakim Jansson)
- Direct democracy and real outcomes. With Per Pettersson-Lidbom. (Presented at Stockholm School of Economics, 2015 and Uppsala University, Odense University, Aarhus University and Tinbergen Institute, 2015.
7. Effects of weighted voting. With Per Pettersson-Lidbom and Erik Lindgren (Presented at Stockholm School of Economics, 2015 and Uppsala University, Odense University, Aarhus University and Tinbergen Institute, 2015.)
8. Sugar and Spice? The Effect of Teacher Bias on Student Outcomes. With Sandra E. Black, Magnus Johannesson and Jonas Vlachos
9. Discrimination at the University: Gender Discrimination and In-group Bias. With Joakim Jansson. Presented at Stockholm University and Linnaeus University 2015
Work in progress (not downloadable, data collection or early analysis stage)
- Tiebout effects when number of jurisdictions is changing
- Extension of franchise
- Crime and culture. With Per Pettersson-Lidbom and Mikael Priks.
- Development and institutions. With Andreas Madestam and Anna Tompsett.
- Integration and incentives. With Peter Skogman-Thoursie and Niklas Blomqvist
Non peer reviewed publications
Comment on Nilsen and Holm Reiso: Scarring effects of early career unemployment, Nordic Economic Policy Review, 7:1, pp. 47-50. 2014 (WP-version)
Skillnader i resultat mellan gymnasieelever i fristående och kommunal skolor. With Jonas Vlachos, 2016
Systematiska skillnader mellan interna och externa bedömningar av nationella prov – en uppföljningsrapport. With Jonas Vlachos. Report to the Swedish School Inspectorate, 2013.
Systematiska skillnader mellan interna och externa bedömningar av nationella prov. With Jonas Vlachos. Report to the Swedish School Inspectorate, 2012.
Diskrimineras pojkar i skolan? IFAU Rapport 2010:23.